Friday, September 25, 2009

Easy home made potpourri

Photobucket
This stuff will make your whole entire house smell soooo good. So good, you might just start licking your walls.

Here's what you need:

  • 1 lemon
  • 1 orange
  • 3-3 inch cinnamon sticks
  • 6 bay leaves
  • ½ cup whole cloves
Combine all ingredients in a pan with water and simmer on low all day. Keep filling with water as needed.

One of my favorite things about this time of year is all the yummy smells. The cinnamon, vanilla, sugar cookies, fall, pumpkin, spice, fire places, hot chocolate, thanksgiving turkeys, Christmas trees. All of it. I love it! This is the perfect scent to welcome fall. Even though it's still in the upper 90's here, I'm doing everything I can to make it feel like the summer weather is almost over.

Thanks Jackie Lee and Stacey for the recipe!

4 comments:

Hollis said...

ohh... Yummy! Love this! Thanks for posting. I love this because this is a cheaper alternative to expensive candles. AND these usually do make your whole house smell delish!

Lani said...

Mmmmmm I LOVE fall. Can't wait.

Heather said...

Well ain't this just delish!!

I wonder if I could take a bath in it.

May have to go on give that a whirl! Plus simmer some on the stove top(as originally intended).

Nishant said...

I love this because this is a cheaper alternative to expensive candles.

Work from home India