Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine Jars...

If you've read my blog before you know I have a hard time throwing things away. One thing I keep a stash of is jars. Spaghetti, salsa, spices, you name it. There is so much potential. I made these jars pretty much like the Thankful jars here. Just different goodies. You really can't mess these up and can make them for any holiday. Cut a strip of paper wide enough and wrap it around your jar. I decoupage mine but you could use tape or a glue stick or whatever you have to make your paper stick together at the ends. Just make sure you pull it tight so it stays after the glue dries. Then do the same thing to the edge of your jar lid. Then fill jar with sweets. So easy!
Don't forget to give it a little bling bling. I used ribbons and chip board letters on these. I just used a hole punch on the chip board letter big enough to feed thin ribbon through and tied it.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

I have a space in my cupboard that I keep my stash of jars. Some are ones I decorated a while ago, waiting to be used. And don't worry about the sticky labels on the jars. A little goo gone and they come right off.
What do I use the cinnamon jars for?

Photobucket

It just so happens that when you buy these on clearance after the holidays. Like cheaper than a quarter clearance.

Photobucket

You can mash them up into fine powder (or really fine chunks) and they make a cute little jar of something sweet to give away with hot chocolate or sugar cookies or whatever you can add peppermint powder on. It takes a good beating to get them powdery so it might help if you think of something really frustrating and let it all go as you're beating your candy canes.

Photobucket

They already come with the little tops for dispensing powder so it's perfect.

Photobucket

Next time you make spaghetti or nachos don't throw the jars away. Store them for a rainy day and [re]beautify them into something cute!


5 comments:

Tegan | Celebrate Twelve13 said...

I don't throw jars away either-- for exactly this reason. It drives my honey CRAZY.

And I save spice jars too... but I didn't know why until now. :)

Michie said...

Too funny - I've been saving jars, but not knowing what to do with them. I have a ton. I also don't know where to store them. I was going to ask you where you store yours, but then you showed us! :)

La Periode Aoi said...

I do save jars too but I am too lazy to make it as pretty as your jars are..

AngiDe said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE those jar ideas!!! They look so cute and I can't wait to start making some of my own. THanks for sharing!

xo

Lani said...

You are so stinkin' creative! I love it! Definitely hanging on to this idea!