Monday, May 16, 2011

THE cookie.

Photobucket

When I was first married I was making cookies for the first time as a wife. I was so excited to make cookies on the new cookie sheet, with my new mixing bowls, using my new spatulas and a bunch of other supplies I got as gifts from our wedding. I was so excited. It was MY kitchen in MY apartment with MY new husband. I was pretty sure I knew what I was doing and thought everything would turn out fine. I mean who doesn't know how to make chocolate chip cookies? Right?

For some odd reason during the process I decided to use I can't believe it's not butter spray as the butter. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure I was out of butter and was just trying to make do with what I had but really, how did I think they would turn out?

Anyways, the cookies came out paper thin and super hard. They were gross. Not even good enough to pick out and eat the chocolate chips. My husband said they looked like frisbees and i'm pretty sure he even chucked one across the room to see if it would float like a frisbee. Ha! He has referred to those cookies every time I make anything that doesn't turn out.

Don't even get me started on the time I tried to make home made chicken nuggets. Chicken Nuggets? Who does that?!

Anyways, over the years I have made my husband plenty of cookies and slowly got back my confidence in making cookies. For the past few years I have been on the hunt for...

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever!

Thanks to Sara and Kate at Our Best Bites, I found it. It's perfect! Not too gooey on the inside, crispy on the outside, holds it's shape, not too thin and... best of all, it's not a frisbee cookie! Yay! I use the ghiradelli chocolate chips. I like that they're big chips.

Here's the recipe...

1 comment:

Charity said...

I laughed so hard when I read this because I did the same thing!! Well, I didn't use spray butter but I did use I Can't Believe it's Not Butter...and the cookies were awful! It took me several batches of cookies before someone finally told me to use real butter.

:)